Implementing SAFe 4.6 (SPC)
Is your organization starting a Lean Agile transformation based on the Scaled Agile Framework SAFe® 4.6? As a potential SAFe® Program Consultant (SPC 4.6), you intend to start and support the future Agile Release Train's (ART's) transformation?
We have the right training for you!
In this three-day course you will become a leading agent for change—and enable your enterprise to succeed in a disruptive marketplace—when you certify as a SAFe® 4 Program Consultant (SPC). During this four-day course, you’ll learn how to lead a Lean-Agile transformation by leveraging the practices and principles of the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®). You will learn how to effectively coach programs, launch Agile Release Trains, build a continuous delivery pipeline and DevOps culture, and empower a Lean Portfolio. The first two days of the course—Leading SAFe®—will provide you with the basis to teach SAFe to others. The final two days focus exclusively on what it takes to successfully implement SAFe in your enterprise.
Becoming a Certified SAFe® 4 Program Consultant (SPC), and becoming a change agent, will enable attendees to coach and guide the enterprise to succeed in a disruptive marketplace and empower them to implement a Lean-Agile SAFe transformation.
Upcoming Course Dates:
To perform the role of a SAFe® Program Consultant (SPC), attendees should be able to:
- Lead an enterprise Lean-Agile transformation
- Implement the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Empower with a Lean Portfolio
- Align the organization to a common language and way of working
- Perform Value Stream identification
- Launch and support Agile Release Trains, and coordinate Large Solutions
- Build and execute an implementation rollout strategy
- Configure the Framework for a specific enterprise context
- Train managers and executives in Leading SAFe®
- Continue their learning journey and become enabled to train other SAFe roles in the enterprise
Leading SAFe® – Days 1 and 2
- Introducing the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Embracing a Lean-Agile Mindset
- Understanding SAFe Principles
- Creating High-Performing Teams and Programs
- Experiencing Program Increment (PI) Planning
- Exploring, Executing, and Releasing Value
- Leading a Lean-Agile Enterprise
- Empowering a Lean Portfolio
- Building Large Solutions
Implementing SAFe® – Days 3 and 4
- Reaching the SAFe Tipping Point
- Designing the Implementation
- Launching an ART
- Coaching ART Execution
- Extending to the Portfolio
- Sustaining and Improving
- Becoming a SAFe 4 Program Consultant (SPC)
This course is intended for those who will be materially and directly involved in a SAFe adoption. This includes practitioners, change agents, and consultants responsible for implementing Agile programs and portfolios as part of an enterprise Lean-Agile change initiative. Attendees typically include:
- Professional Services Consultants
- Business and Technology Executives and Leaders, Managers, Directors
- Portfolio Managers and Fiduciaries, Project/Program Management Office (PMO) personnel
- Development, QA and IT management
- Program and Project Managers
- Product and Product Line Managers
- Process Leads and Lifecycle Governance Personnel
- Enterprise, System and Solution Architects
- Internal Change Agents, Lean-Agile Center for Excellence, Agile Working Group
- Exam name: SAFe 4 Program Consultant Exam
- Exam format: multiple choice
- Exam delivery: web-based (single-browser); closed book; no outside assistance; timed exam;
- Exam access: candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the Implementing SAFe 4.5 course
- Exam duration: once the exam begins candidates have 120 minutes (2 hours) to complete the exam
- Number of questions: 60
- Passing score: 45 out of 60 (75%)
- Exam language: English
- Exam cost: first exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs 250 USD.
- Retake policy: second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10 day wait; fourth attempt requires a 30 day wait. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any retake questions.
Attendees who pass the exam will receive:
- SAFe Program Consultant (SPC) certificate
- A SAFe 4 Program Consultant digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe Program Consultant, which includes access to the SPC Community of Practice
- A SAFe Program Consultant certification usage guide with SPC certification marks
- Access to online Trainer Enablement plans to qualify to teach and certify others in Leading SAFe (SAFe Agilist SA), SAFe Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM), SAFe Scrum Master (SSM), SAFe Advanced Scrum Master (SASM), and SAFe for Teams (SAFe Practitioner (SP)
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during and throughout their SAFe journey
Certificates expire one year from the date the certification is earned. Renewal fee is $895.
All stakeholders in a Lean-Agile transformation are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® 4 Program Consultant exam and practice as a Certified SAFe® 4 Program Consultant (SPC):
- 5+ years of experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product, or project management
- 3+ years of experience in Agile
- One or more relevant Agile certifications
wibas SAFe Courses
This course is conducted by our training partner Gladwell.
wibas trainers are certified SAFe® Program Consultants (SPC) of Scaled Agile, Inc.
Gladwell trainers are certified SAFe® Program Consultant Trainers (SPCT) of Scaled Agile, Inc.
More details about this training can be found on the official SAFe website.
Training, Consulting & Events