SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master (SASM)
Is your organization implementing SAFe®? Have you been a Scrum Master for a while and do you want to sharpen your Scrum Master proficiency for Scaling with SAFe®?
We have the right training for you!
This two-day course prepares current Scrum Masters for their leadership role in facilitating Agile team, program, and enterprise success in a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe®) implementation. The course covers:
- facilitation of cross-team interactions in support of program execution and relentless improvement.
- enhancing the Scrum paradigm with an introduction to scalable engineering and DevOps practices
- application of Kanban to facilitate the flow of value
- supporting interactions with architects, product management, and other critical stakeholders in the larger program and enterprise contexts
- actionable tools for building high-performing teams and explores practical ways of addressing Agile and Scrum anti-patterns in the enterprise.
Upcoming Course Dates:
To perform the role of a SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master attendees should be able to:
- Apply SAFe principles to facilitation, enablement, and coaching in a multi-team environment
- Build a high-performing team and foster relentless improvement at scale
- Address Agile and Scrum anti-patterns
- Support the adoption of engineering practices, DevOps, and Agile architecture
- Learn to apply Kanban and eXtreme Programming (XP) frameworks to optimize flow, and to improve the team’s work
- Facilitate program planning, execution, and delivery of end-to-end systems value
- Support learning through participation in Communities of Practice and innovation cycles
- Exploring the Scrum Master role in the SAFe enterprise
- Applying SAFe Principles: A Scrum Master’s perspective
- Exploring Agile and Scrum anti-patterns
- Facilitating program execution
- Improving flow with Kanban and XP
- Building high-performing teams
- Improving program performance with Inspect and Adapt
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Existing Scrum Masters
- Team leaders, project managers, and others assuming the role of an Agile Team facilitator in a SAFe or enterprise Agile context
- Engineering and development managers responsible for Agile execution and coaching teams, including teams of teams
- Agile coaches
- Agile Program Managers
- Prospective SAFe Release Train Engineers
- Exam Name: SAFe® 4 Advanced Scrum Master Exam
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice; Multiple Select
- Exam Delivery: Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside, assistance, timed
- Exam Access: Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the SAFe 4 Advanced Scrum Master course
- Exam cost: First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee
- if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
- Exam Duration: Once the exam begins candidates have 120 minutes to complete the exam
- Number of Questions: 60
- Passing Score: 42 out of 60 (70%)
- Language: English
Retake policy: Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any retake questions.
Attendees who pass the certification exam will receive:
- SAFe Advanced Scrum Master certificate
- A SAFe 4 Advanced Scrum Master digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe Advanced Scrum Master, which includes access to the SASM Community of Practice
- A SAFe Advanced Scrum Master certification usage guide with SASM certification marks
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe journey
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, having one or more of the following certifications is highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® 4 Advanced Scrum Master (SASM) certification exam:
- SAFe® 4 Scrum Master (SSM) certification
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification
- Professional Scrum Master (PSM) certification
wibas SAFe® Courses
Like all our agile training courses, this course is highly interactive, too. In addition to the official SAFe® presentations, we convey the knowledge with the help of informative flipcharts. wibas trainers are certified SAFe® Program Consultants (SPC) of Scaled Agile, Inc. More details about this training can be found on the official SAFe® website.
Training, Consulting & Events