Introduction to CMMI for Development incl. CMMI for Services
This 3 day Introduction to CMMI includes the CMMI for Development (CMMI-DEV) as well as the CMMI for Services (CMMI-SVC) model. This training is for all staff, trainers and consultants who will work in services improvement. Quality managers and staff responsible for service management will also benefit from this training.
This course is mandatory training for CMMI SCAMPI lead appraisers and for members of a CMMI SCAMPI appraisal team. This course is the official CMMI-SVC and CMMI-DEV training of the CMMI Institute at the Carnegie Mellon University. The participants receive two certificates from the CMMI Institute.
Upcoming Training Dates:
"This course shed the light of insight on the complex structures of
intertwining processes. I take a deeper understanding of CMMI back to my
daily work. This motivates me and enables me to take my process
areas to a higher level. "Introduction to CMMI v1.3" pays back for
everyone who wants to not only solve technical problems but to add
value by developing the organization."
Matthias Moll, Robert Bosch GmbH
Answers to the most frequent questions:
What is the price for the open training?
Price: 999 to 1.750 EUR per participant
Trainings in Germany
1.750 EUR per participant
Trainings in Switzerland
2.650 CHF per participant
We offer attractive discounts on request. Please call us.
Pricing information is subject to change. Alle prices are excluding VAT.
You will receive all training material at the training location.
What is included?
You will receive training material, a certificate and
the price includes
• costs for SEI registration and SEI certificate
• a handbook with training slides
• the original CMMI-SVC book
• the CMMI-SVC 1.3 poster
• business lunch (only open class)
Hotel accomodation costs are not included.
The individual topics covered
The training gives an overview
and focuses on practical application of CMMI.
The topis are
• CMMI-SVC in overview
• CMMI principles
• maturity levels and process areas of the CMMI-SVC v1.3 model in the Staged and Continuous representations
• the links between the process areas
• the interpretation of CMMI-SVC
• the application of CMMI-SVC
70% lectures and 30% exercises
What will I achieve?
You can start to implement CMMI in your organization.
After this training you will have
- an overview of the CMMI product suite
- become familiar with the contents and the structure of CMMI-SVC maturity levels 1 to 5
- the ability to recognize the structures of the model and to make first steps in applying it
- an awareness of the components of the CMMI-SVC 1.3 model and its potential application to your organization
- a clear understanding of the key concepts of the model structures, functions and interrelationships
- an awareness of behavior characteristics of each maturity level
Will I receive a certificate? Do I get PDUs?
You will receive the official SEI certificate.
After completing the course, every participant receives an official certificate of participation from the Software Engineering Institute of the Carnegie Mellon University.
For this CMMI-SVC introduction you receice 2.5 CEUs (Continuing Education Units), that you can report as 25 PDUs (Professional Development Units) at the PMI to maintain your PMP certification.
What material will I get?
Handbook, reading material and much more
In this course you will receive
• a handbook with the presentation slides
• the book "CMMI for Services: Guidelines for Superior Service" by Eileen Forrester, Brandon Buteau and Sandy Shrum
• the CMMI-SVC 1.3 poster
• a CD with various articles and additional literature
What are the prerequisites?
More participant reviews
"A very good mixture of know-how transfer and answering participants questions from their company background. A broad variety of teaching formats and a very comfortable environment shows that wibas knows how to transfer knowledge best. All in all, one of the best trainings I ever attended."
Samuel Leemann, Solcept AG
"A must for each project manager and each manager who faces a CMMI assessment."
Marco Perschke, ckc ag
"A great recommendation for everyone interested in CMMI. This training includes practical examples and implementation in an organization. No simple presentation of slides but interactive workshop. In addition: very nice team & trainer and very wellcoming atmosphere. All together just great and highly recommendable."
Inge Eberlein, w.e.b. Wirth EDV Beratung OHG
"A very special seminar: both in didactical and culinary terms and conveyed with the wibas team spirit."
Urs Näf, Siemens Switzerland Ltd
How is the service?
The service at our open training courses in Darmstadt includes a
professional cappuccino bar as well as hospitality drinks and small
snacks. We invite you to a business meal at lunchtime.
We invite the participants of the open training courses in Darmstadt to an exclusive evening meal together. A French cook will spoil you in a cosy atmosphere. You can exchange newly gained knowledge and experience in this delightful, informal setting.
This could also be of interest for you:
+31 (0)40 248 9822