The continuous representation offers maximum flexibility when using a CMMI model for process improvement. An organization may choose to improve the performance of a single process-related trouble spot, or it can work on several areas that are closely aligned to the organization’s business objectives. The continuous representation also allows an organization to improve different processes at different rates.
There are some limitations on an organization’s choices because of the dependencies among some process areas.
If you know the processes that need to be improved in your organization and you understand the dependencies among the process areas described in CMMI, the continuous representation is a good choice for your organization.
- Process Management (CMMI-ACQ)
- Process Management (CMMI-ACQ) process areas contain the cross-project activities related to defining, planning, deployin…
- Project Management (CMMI-ACQ)
- Project Management (CMMI-ACQ) process areas cover the project management activities related to planning, monitoring, and…
- Support (CMMI-ACQ)
- Support (CMMI-ACQ) process areas cover the activities that support product development and maintenance.
- Acquisition Engineering (CMMI-ACQ)
- The Acquisition Engineering (CMMI-ACQ) category contains practices that address acquirer activities related to executing…