Decisions are based on an evaluation of alternatives using established criteria.
Issues requiring a formal evaluation process can be identified at any time. The objective should be to identify issues as early as possible to maximize the time available to resolve them.
- DAR.SP 1.1 Establish Guidelines for Decision Analysis
- Establish and maintain guidelines to determine which issues are subject to a formal evaluation process.
- DAR.SP 1.2 Establish Evaluation Criteria
- Establish and maintain criteria for evaluating alternatives and the relative ranking of these criteria.
- DAR.SP 1.3 Identify Alternative Solutions
- Identify alternative solutions to address issues.
- DAR.SP 1.4 Select Evaluation Methods
- Select evaluation methods.
- DAR.SP 1.5 Evaluate Alternatives Solutions
- Evaluate alternative solutions using established criteria and methods.
- DAR.SP 1.6 Select Solutions
- Select solutions from alternatives based on evaluation criteria.