Measurement objectives and activities are aligned with identified information needs and objectives.
The specific practices under this specific goal can be addressed concurrently or in any order.
When establishing measurement objectives, experts often think ahead about necessary criteria for specifying measures and analysis procedures. They also think concurrently about the constraints imposed by data collection and storage procedures.
Often it is important to specify the essential analyses to be conducted before attending to details of measurement specification, data collection, or storage.
- MA.SP 1.1 Establish Measurement Objectives
- Establish and maintain measurement objectives derived from identified information needs and objectives.
- MA.SP 1.2 Specify Measures
- Specify measures to address measurement objectives.
- MA.SP 1.3 Specify Data Collection and Storage Procedures
- Specify how measurement data are obtained and stored.
- MA.SP 1.4 Specify Analysis Procedures
- Specify how measurement data are analyzed and communicated.