Establish and maintain descriptions of lifecycle models approved for use in the organization.
Lifecycle models can be developed for a variety of customers or in a variety of situations, since one lifecycle model may not be appropriate for all situations. Lifecycle models are often used to define phases of the project. Also, the organization can define different lifecycle models for each type of product and service it delivers.
Example Work Products
- Descriptions of lifecycle models
1. Select lifecycle models based on the needs of projects and the organization.
- Waterfall or Serial
2. Document descriptions of lifecycle models.
Lifecycle models can be documented as part of the organization’s standard process descriptions or they can be documented separately.
3. Conduct peer reviews on lifecycle models.
4. Revise the descriptions of lifecycle models as necessary.