Establish and maintain work environment standards.
Work environment standards allow the organization and projects to benefit from common tools, training, and maintenance, as well as cost savings from volume purchases. Work environment standards address the needs of all stakeholders and consider productivity, cost, availability, security, and workplace health, safety, and ergonomic factors. Work environment standards can include guidelines for tailoring and the use of waivers that allow adaptation of the project’s work environment to meet needs.
- Procedures for the operation, safety, and security of the work environment
- Standard workstation hardware and software
- Standard application software and tailoring guidelines for it
- Standard production and calibration equipment
- Process for requesting and approving tailoring or waivers
Example Work Products
- Work environment standards
- Evaluate commercially available work environment standards appropriate for the organization.
- Adopt existing work environment standards and develop new ones to fill gaps based on the organization’s process needs and objectives.