Objectively evaluate selected performed processes against applicable process descriptions, standards, and procedures.
Objectivity in quality assurance evaluations is critical to the success of the project. A description of the quality assurance reporting chain and how it ensures objectivity should be defined.
Example Work Products
- Evaluation reports
- Noncompliance reports
- Corrective actions
1. Promote an environment (created as part of project management) that encourages staff participation in identifying and reporting quality issues.
2. Establish and maintain clearly stated criteria for evaluations.
The intent of this subpractice is to provide criteria, based on business needs, such as the following:
- What will be evaluated
- When or how often a process will be evaluated
- How the evaluation will be conducted
- Who must be involved in the evaluation
3. Use the stated criteria to evaluate selected performed processes for adherence to process descriptions, standards, and procedures.
4. Identify each noncompliance found during the evaluation.
5. Identify lessons learned that could improve processes.