Communicate quality issues and ensure the resolution of noncompliance issues with the staff and managers.
Noncompliance issues are problems identified in evaluations that reflect a lack of adherence to applicable standards, process descriptions, or procedures. The status of noncompliance issues provides an indication of quality trends. Quality issues include noncompliance issues and trend analysis results.
When noncompliance issues cannot be resolved in the project, use established escalation mechanisms to ensure that the appropriate level of management can resolve the issue. Track noncompliance issues to resolution.
Example Work Products
- Corrective action reports
- Evaluation reports
- Quality trends
1. Resolve each noncompliance with the appropriate members of the staff if possible.
2. Document noncompliance issues when they cannot be resolved in the project.
- Fixing the noncompliance
- Changing the process descriptions, standards, or procedures that were violated
- Obtaining a waiver to cover the noncompliance
3. Escalate noncompliance issues that cannot be resolved within the project to the appropriate level of management designated to receive and act on noncompliance issues.
4. Analyze noncompliance issues to see if there are quality trends that can be identified and addressed.
5. Ensure that relevant stakeholders are aware of results of evaluations and quality trends in a timely manner.
6. Periodically review open noncompliance issues and trends with the manager designated to receive and act on noncompliance issues.
7. Track noncompliance issues to resolution.