Estimates of project planning parameters are established and maintained.
Project planning parameters include all information needed by the project to perform necessary planning, organizing, staffing, directing, coordinating, reporting, and budgeting.
Estimates of planning parameters should have a sound basis to instill confidence that plans based on these estimates are capable of supporting project objectives.
Factors to consider when estimating these parameters include project requirements, including product requirements, requirements imposed by the organization, requirements imposed by the customer, and other requirements that affect the project
Documentation of the estimating rationale and supporting data is needed for stakeholder review and commitment to the plan and for maintenance of the plan as the project progresses.
- PP.SP 1.1 Estimate the Scope of the Project
- Establish a top-level work breakdown structure (WBS) to estimate the scope of the project.
- PP.SP 1.2 Establish Estimates of Work Product and Task Attributes
- Establish and maintain estimates of work product and task attributes.
- PP.SP 1.3 Define Project Lifecycle Phases
- Define project lifecycle phases on which to scope the planning effort.
- PP.SP 1.4 Estimate Effort and Cost
- Estimate the project’s effort and cost for work products and tasks based on estimation rationale.