A preliminary type, form, or instance of a product, service, product component, or service component that serves as a model for later stages or for the final, complete version of the product or service.
This model of the product or service (e.g., physical, electronic, digital, analytical) can be used for the following (and other) purposes:
• Assessing the feasibility of a new or unfamiliar technology
• Assessing or mitigating technical risk
• Validating requirements
• Demonstrating critical features
• Qualifying a product or service
• Qualifying a process
• Characterizing performance or features of the product or service
• Elucidating physical principles
Is included in
- The glossary defines the basic terms used in CMMI models.