Requirements are managed and inconsistencies with project plans and work products are identified.
The project maintains a current and approved set of requirements over the life of the project by doing the following:
- Managing all changes to requirements
- Maintaining relationships among requirements, project plans, and work products
- Ensuring alignment among requirements, project plans, and work products
- Taking corrective action
Refer to the Project Monitoring and Control (PMC) (CMMI-ACQ) process area for more information about managing corrective action to closure.
Requirements management typically includes directly managing changes to customer and contractual requirements developed by the acquirer and overseeing the supplier’s requirements management process. Requirements changes can result in changes to the supplier agreement.
- REQM.SP 1.1 Understand Requirements
- Develop an understanding with the requirements providers on the meaning of the requirements.
- REQM.SP 1.2 Obtain Commitment to Requirements
- Obtain commitment to requirements from project participants.
- REQM.SP 1.3 Manage Requirements Changes
- Manage changes to requirements as they evolve during the project.
- REQM.SP 1.4 Maintain Bidirectional Traceability of Requirements
- Maintain bidirectional traceability among requirements and work products.
- REQM.SP 1.5 Ensure Alignment Between Project Work and Requirements
- Ensure that project plans and work products remain aligned.