Ensure that the supplier agreement is satisfied before accepting the acquired product.
Acceptance reviews, tests, and configuration audits should be completed before accepting the product as defined in the supplier agreement.
Example Work Products
- Acceptance procedures
- Acceptance reviews or test results
- Discrepancy reports or corrective action plans
1. Define the acceptance procedures.
2. Review and obtain agreement from relevant stakeholders on the acceptance procedures before the acceptance review or test.
3. Verify that the acquired products satisfy their requirements.
4. Confirm that the nontechnical commitments associated with the acquired work product are satisfied.
This confirmation can include confirming that the appropriate license, warranty, ownership, use, and support or maintenance agreements are in place and that all supporting materials are received.
5. Document the results of the acceptance review or test.
6. Establish an action plan and obtain supplier agreement to take action to correct acquired work products that do not pass their acceptance review or test.
7. Identify, document, and track action items to closure.