Establish and maintain procedures and criteria for validation.
Validation procedures and criteria are defined to ensure the product or product component will fulfill its intended use when placed in its intended environment. Test cases and procedures for acceptance testing can be used for validation procedures.
The validation procedures and criteria include test and evaluation of maintenance, training, and support services.
- Product and product component requirements
- Customer acceptance criteria
- Environmental performance
- Thresholds of performance deviation
Example Work Products
- Validation procedures
- Validation criteria
- Test and evaluation procedures for maintenance, training, and support
- Review the product requirements to ensure that issues affecting validation of the product or product component are identified and resolved.
- Document the environment, operational scenario, procedures, inputs, outputs, and criteria for the validation of the selected product or product component.
- Assess the design as it matures in the context of the validation environment to identify validation issues.