Peer reviews are performed on selected work products.
Peer reviews are an important part of verification and are a proven mechanism for effective defect removal. An important corollary is to develop an understanding of work products and the processes that produced them to help prevent defects and identify opportunities.
Peer reviews are applied to acquirer developed work products. These reviews involve a methodical examination of work products by the acquirer’s peers to identify defects for removal and to recommend other changes that are needed.
- AVER.SP 2.1 Prepare for Peer Reviews
- Prepare for peer reviews of selected work products.
- AVER.SP 2.2 Conduct Peer Reviews
- Conduct peer reviews of selected work products and identify issues resulting from these reviews.
- AVER.SP 2.3 Analyze Peer Review Data
- Analyze data about the preparation, conduct, and results of the peer reviews.