Preparation for capacity and availability management is conducted.
Preparation for capacity and availability management includes the following activities:
- Establishing and maintaining a strategy for managing capacity and availability to meet service requirements
- Selecting measures and analytic techniques to support availability and capacity management objectives
- Establishing and maintaining service system representations to understand current capacity, availability, and service system performance (i.e., describe what the normal capacity, availability, and service levels are)
Thresholds are established and maintained to define exception conditions in the service system, recognize breaches or near breaches of service requirements, and identify service incidents. In addition to understanding the capacity and availability of the current service system, capacity, availability, and service levels are estimated based on trends in service resource use, service system performance, and expected service requirements.
- CAM.SP 1.1 Establish a Capacity and Availability Management Strategy
- Establish and maintain a strategy for capacity and availability management.
- CAM.SP 1.2 Select Measures and Analytic Techniques
- Select measures and analytic techniques to be used in managing the capacity and availability of the service system.
- CAM.SP 1.3 Establish Service System Representations
- Establish and maintain service system representations to support capacity and availability management.