Incorporate process related experiences derived from planning and performing the process into organizational process assets.
Example Work Products
- Process improvement proposals
- Process lessons learned
- Measurements of organizational process assets
- Improvement recommendations for organizational process assets
- Records of the organization’s process improvement activities
- Information on organizational process assets and improvements to them
1. Conduct periodic reviews of the effectiveness and suitability of the organization’s set of standard processes and related organizational process assets relative to the process needs and objectives derived from the organization’s business objectives.
2. Obtain feedback about the use of organizational process assets.
3. Derive lessons learned from defining, piloting, implementing, and deploying organizational process assets.
4. Make lessons learned available to people in the organization as appropriate.
Actions may be necessary to ensure that lessons learned are used appropriately.
- Evaluating the performance of people
- Judging process performance or results
- Controlling access to lessons learned
- Educating people about the appropriate use of lessons learned
5. Analyze measurement data obtained from the use of the organization’s common set of measures.
6. Appraise processes, methods, and tools in use in the organization and develop recommendations for improving organizational process assets.
- Determining which processes, methods, and tools are of potential use to other parts of the organization
- Appraising the quality and effectiveness of organizational process assets
- Identifying candidate improvements to organizational process assets
- Determining compliance with the organization’s set of standard processes and tailoring guidelines
7. Make the best of the organization’s processes, methods, and tools available to people in the organization as appropriate.
8. Manage process improvement proposals.
Process improvement proposals can address both process and technology improvements.
- Soliciting process improvement proposals
- Collecting process improvement proposals
- Reviewing process improvement proposals
- Selecting the process improvement proposals to be implemented
- Tracking the implementation of process improvement proposals
Process improvement proposals are documented as process change requests or problem reports as appropriate.
Some process improvement proposals can be incorporated into the organization’s process action plans.
9. Establish and maintain records of the organization’s process improvement activities.