A project plan is established and maintained as the basis for managing the project.
A project plan is a formal, approved document used to manage and control the execution of the project. It is based on project requirements and established estimates.
The project plan should consider all phases of the project lifecycle. Project planning should ensure that all plans affecting the project are consistent with the overall project plan.
- PP.SP 2.1 Establish the Budget and Schedule
- Establish and maintain the project’s budget and schedule.
- PP.SP 2.2 Identify Project Risks
- Identify and analyze project risks.
- PP.SP 2.3 Plan Data Management
- Plan for the management of project data.
- PP.SP 2.4 Plan the Project’s Resources
- Plan for resources to perform the project.
- PP.SP 2.5 Plan Needed Knowledge and Skills
- Plan for knowledge and skills needed to perform the project.
- PP.SP 2.6 Plan Stakeholder Involvement
- Plan the involvement of identified stakeholders.
- PP.SP 2.7 Establish the Project Plan
- Establish and maintain the overall project plan.