Select the work products to be verified and the verification methods tothat will be used for each.
Work products are selected based on their contribution to meeting project objectives and requirements, and to addressing project risks.
The work products to be verified can include the ones associated with maintenance, training, and support services. The work product requirements for verification are included with the verification methods. The verification methods address the approach to work product verification and the specific approaches that will be used to verify that specific work products meet their requirements.
- Software architecture evaluation and implementation conformance evaluation
- Path coverage testing
- Load, stress, and performance testing
- Decision table based testing
- Functional decomposition based testing
- Test case reuse
- Acceptance testing
- Continuous integration (i.e., Agile approach that identifies integration issues early)
Selection of verification methods typically begins with the definition of product and product component requirements to ensure that the requirements are verifiable. Re-verification should be addressed by verification methods to ensure that rework performed on work products does not cause unintended defects. Suppliers should be involved in this selection to ensure that the project's methods are appropriate for the supplier's environment.
Example Work Products
- Lists of work products selected for verification
- Verification methods for each selected work product
1. Identify work products for verification.
2. Identify requirements to be satisfied by each selected work product.
3. Identify verification methods available for use.
4. Define verification methods to be used for each selected work product.
5. Submit for integration with the project plan the identification of work products to be verified, the requirements to be satisfied, and the methods to be used.