Analyze data about the preparation, conduct, and results of the peer reviews.
Example Work Products
- Peer review data
- Peer review action items
1. Record data related to the preparation, conduct, and results of the peer reviews.
Typical data are product name, product size, composition of the peer review team, type of peer review, preparation time per reviewer, length of the review meeting, number of defects found, type and origin of defect, and so on. Additional information on the work product being peer reviewed can be collected, such as size, development stage, operating modes examined, and requirements being evaluated.
2. Store the data for future reference and analysis.
3. Protect the data to ensure that peer review data are not used inappropriately.
4. Analyze the peer review data.
- Phase defect was injected
- Preparation time or rate versus expected time or rate
- Number of defects versus number expected
- Types of defects detected
- Causes of defects
- Defect resolution impact
- User stories or case studies associated with a defect
- The end users and customers who are associated with defects