The purpose of Integrated Project Management (IPM) (CMMI-DEV) is to establish and manage the project and the involvement of relevant stakeholders according to an integrated and defined process that is tailored from the organization’s set of standard processes.
Introductory NotesIntegrated Project Management involves the following activities:
- Establishing the project’s defined process at project startup by tailoring the organization’s set of standard processes
- Managing the project using the project’s defined process
- Establishing the work environment for the project based on the organization’s work environment standards
- Establishing teams that are tasked to accomplish project objectives
- Using and contributing to organizational process assets
- Enabling relevant stakeholders’ concerns to be identified, considered, and, when appropriate, addressed during the project
- Ensuring that relevant stakeholders (1) perform their tasks in a coordinated and timely manner; (2) address project requirements, plans, objectives, problems, and risks; (3) fulfill their commitments; and (4) identify, track, and resolve coordination issues
- Development activities (e.g., requirements development, design, verification)
- Service activities (e.g., delivery, help desk, operations, customer contact)
- Acquisition activities (e.g., solicitation, agreement monitoring, transition to operations)
- Support activities (e.g., configuration management, documentation, marketing, training)
- IPM.SG 1 Use the Project’s Defined Process
- The project is conducted using a defined process tailored from the organization’s set of standard processes.
- IPM.SG 2 Coordinate and Collaborate with Relevant Stakeholders
- Coordination and collaboration between the project and relevant stakeholders are conducted.