Systematically deploy service system components into the delivery environment based on transition planning.
The preparation for transition, including the tactical plan for service system transition, is used to guide the deployment.
Example Work Products
- Installation records
- Deployment evaluation artifacts
1. Confirm that service system components to be deployed are placed under configuration control as appropriate.
2. Install the service system into the delivery environment.
This subpractice involves packaging, distributing, integrating, and installing service system components into the delivery environment. Installation and integration details should be included in the tactical plan for service system transition.
3. Validate service system components in the delivery environment.
Ensure that the deployed components operate as expected. Operational scenarios and procedures can be used to evaluate the new or modified service system. Deployment acceptance criteria, which were defined as part of the tactical plan for transition, may need to be revised as part of this evaluation.
4. In the case of service system component retirement, archive the service system components appropriately and remove them from the delivery environment.
Ensure that interfaces with the retired service system components are adequately handled.