The purpose of Service Delivery (SD) (CMMI-SVC) is to deliver services in accordance with service agreements.
The Service Delivery process area focuses on the following:
- Establishing and maintaining service agreements
- Preparing and maintaining a service delivery approach
- Preparing for service delivery
- Delivering services
- Receiving and processing service requests
- Maintaining service systems
- Those service requests specified on a continuous or scheduled basis as determined by service agreements
- Those service requests identified over time by customers or end users as their needs develop on an ad-hoc basis
Examples of ad-hoc requests include the following:Whatever the nature of a specific service request, it should be recorded, tracked, and resolved through some type of request management system. This approach helps to ensure that all service requests are fulfilled to meet service agreements. The response to service requests also encompasses performing any needed low-level planning as a detailed extension of broader work planning activities.
- Requesting a custom-made query on a database as part of a systems management service
- Calling for a package pick up as part of a package delivery service
- Identifying a broken component of a maintained system as part of a maintenance service
- Requesting a health check as part of a health program
Refer to the Service System Development (SSD) (CMMI-SVC) process area for more information about analyzing, designing, developing, integrating, verifying, and validating service systems, including service system components, to satisfy existing or anticipated service agreements.
Refer to the Service System Transition (SST) (CMMI-SVC) process area for more information about deploying new or significantly changed service system components while managing their effect on ongoing service delivery.
Refer to the Configuration Management (CM) (CMMI-SVC) process area for more information about establishing baselines and tracking and controlling changes.
Refer to the Work Monitoring and Control (WMC) (CMMI-SVC) process area for more information about monitoring the project against the plan.