At maturity level 2, work groups establish the foundation for an organization to become an effective service provider by institutionalizing selected Project and Work Management, Support, and Service Establishment and Delivery processes. Work groups define a service strategy, create work plans, and monitor and control the work to ensure the service is delivered as planned.
The service provider establishes agreements with customers and develops and manages customer and contractual requirements. Configuration management and process and product quality assurance are institutionalized, and the service provider also develops the capability to measure and analyze process performance.
Also at maturity level 2, work groups, work activities, processes, work products, and services are managed. The service provider ensures that processes are planned in accordance with policy. To execute the process, the service provider provides adequate resources, assigns responsibility for performing the process, trains people on the process, and ensures the designated work products of the process are under appropriate levels of configuration management. The service provider identifies and involves relevant stakeholders and periodically monitors and controls the process.
Process adherence is periodically evaluated and process performance is shared with senior management. The process discipline reflected by maturity level 2 helps to ensure that existing practices are retained during times of stress.
- Configuration Management (CM) (CMMI-SVC)
- The purpose of Configuration Management (CM) (CMMI-SVC) is to establish and maintain the integrity of work products usin…
- Measurement and Analysis (MA) (CMMI-SVC)
- The purpose of Measurement and Analysis (MA) (CMMI-SVC) is to develop and sustain a measurement capability used to suppo…
- Work Monitoring and Control (WMC) (CMMI-SVC)
- The purpose of Work Monitoring and Control (WMC) is to provide an understanding of the ongoing work so that appropriate …
- Work Planning (WP) (CMMI-SVC)
- The purpose of Work Planning (WP) is to establish and maintain plans that define work activities.
- Process and Product Quality Assurance (PPQA) (CMMI-SVC)
- The purpose of Process and Product Quality Assurance (PPQA) (CMMI-SVC) is to provide staff and management with objective…
- Requirements Management (REQM) (CMMI-SVC)
- The purpose of Requirements Management (REQM) is to manage requirements of products and product components and to ensure…
- Service Delivery (SD) (CMMI-SVC)
- The purpose of Service Delivery (SD) (CMMI-SVC) is to deliver services in accordance with service agreements.
- Supplier Agreement Management (SAM) (CMMI-SVC)
- The purpose of Supplier Agreement Management (SAM) is to manage the acquisition of products and services from suppliers.