Gather and analyze data about the strategic needs and capabilities of the organization.
The organization gathers and analyzes data that can help with planning the standard services that the organization will establish and maintain. The appropriate data can vary for different services, market segments, and organizational characteristics such as size. The data will offer insights into both the organization’s capabilities and the needs of its market, including customers and end users.
- Business plans
- Market research
- Business intelligence
- Data from service reviews and account management
- Service use trends and patterns
- Customer complaints and compliments
- Service incident and request patterns
- Breaches of service levels
- Competitor data
- Trade studies
- Strategic planning techniques such as strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats (SWOT) analysis
- Core competence analysis
- Scenario planning
Example Work Products
- Analyzed data on the organization’s capabilities
- Analyzed data on strategic needs
- Descriptions of the organization’s capabilities
- Descriptions of strategic needs
- Gather and analyze data on the organization’s capabilities.
- Gather and analyze data on the organization’s strategic needs.
- Describe the organization’s capabilities and strategic needs.
- Communicate the descriptions to relevant stakeholders.