Select and implement improvements for deployment throughout the organization based on an evaluation of costs, benefits, and other factors.
Selection of suggested improvements for deployment is based on cost-to-benefit ratios with regard to quality and process performance objectives, available resources, and the results of improvement proposal evaluation and validation activities.
Example Work Products
- Improvements selected for deployment
- Updated process documentation and training
1. Prioritize improvements for deployment.
The priority of an improvement is based on an evaluation of its estimated cost-to-benefit ratio with regard to the quality and process performance objectives as compared to the performance baselines. Return on investment can be used as a basis of comparison.
2. Select improvements to be deployed.
Selection of improvements to be deployed is based on their priorities, available resources, and results of improvement proposal evaluation and validation activities.
3. Determine how to deploy each improvement.
- Project specific or common work environments
- Product families
- Organization’s projects
- Organizational groups
4. Document results of the selection process.
- The selection criteria for suggested improvements
- The characteristics of the target projects
- The disposition of each improvement proposal
- The rationale for the disposition of each improvement proposal
5. Review any changes needed to implement the improvements.
- Process descriptions, standards, and procedures
- Work environments
- Education and training
- Existing commitments
- Existing activities
- Continuing support to end users
- Organizational culture and characteristics
6. Update the organizational process assets.