Requirements are managed and inconsistencies with project plans and work products are identified.
The project maintains a current and approved set of requirements over the life of the project by doing the following:
- Managing all changes to requirements
- Maintaining relationships among requirements, project plans, and work products
- Ensuring alignment among requirements, project plans, and work products
- Taking corrective action
Refer to the Requirements Development (RD) (CMMI-DEV) process area for more information about analyzing and validating requirements.
Refer to the Develop Alternative Solutions and Selection Criteria specific practice in the Technical Solution (TS) (CMMI-DEV) process area for more information about determining the feasibility of the requirements.
Refer to the Project Monitoring and Control (PMC) (CMMI-DEV) process area for more information about managing corrective action to closure.
- REQM.SP 1.1 Understand Requirements
- Develop an understanding with the requirements providers on the meaning of the requirements.
- REQM.SP 1.2 Obtain Commitment to Requirements
- Obtain commitment to the requirements from the project participants.
- REQM.SP 1.3 Manage Requirements Changes
- Manage changes to the requirements as they evolve during the project.
- REQM.SP 1.4 Maintain Bidirectional Traceability of Requirements
- Maintain bidirectional traceability among the requirements and work products.
- REQM.SP 1.5 Ensure Alignment Between Project Work and Requirements
- Ensure that project plans and work products remain aligned with requirements.