Kanban is a method for managing knowledge work with an emphasis on just-in-time delivery while not overloading the team members. In this approach, the process, from definition of a task to its delivery to the customer, is displayed for participants to see and developers pull work from a queue.
Kanban core practices:
- Limit Work In Progress (WIP)
- Manage flow
- Make policies explicit
- Implement feedback loops
- Improve collaboratively, evolve experimentally (using models and the scientific method)
- Start with what you do now
- Agree to pursue incremental, evolutionary change
- Reepsect the current process, roles, responsibilities and titles
- Leadership at all levels
At wibas we incorporated Scrum/Kanban in our back office sales and support:
If you wish to understand what Kanban can mean for your own development organization we wholeheartedly accompany you on your travels.
+31 (0)40 248 9822