Implementing SAFe® by Scaled Agile Inc. (SPC)
Is your organization starting a Lean Agile transformation based on the Scaled Agile Framework SAFe® 5.0? As a potential SAFe® Program Consultant (SPC 5.0), you intend to start and support the future Agile Release Train's (ART's) transformation? Then this is the right training for you!
This training is perfomed by Scaled Agile Inc., hosted by wibas.
During this four-day course, attendees will learn how to lead a Lean-Agile transformation by leveraging the practices and principles of the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®), as well as the five core competencies of the Lean Enterprise. Attendees will also gain insights and practice how to coach programs, launch Agile Release Trains, build a Continuous Delivery Pipeline with DevOps culture, and a Lean Portfolio. The first two days of the course—Leading SAFe®—will provide them with the basis to teach SAFe to leaders. The final two days focus exclusively on what it takes to successfully implement SAFe in the enterprise.
We have the great opportunity to host this training by Scaled Agile Inc. - the licencing body of SAFe® - in our location. We are certain that this will provide a special experience for the participants of this training. It will provide you with the newest trends and information regarding developments of the Scaled Agile Framework coming directly from the heart of the SAFe® world.
Andrew Sales is a SAFe Program Consultant Trainer (SPCT) with Scaled Agile Inc. and has many years experience in delivering SAFe implementations across a wide range of different industries. He is an accomplished trainer, regularly delivering Scrum, Kanban and Certified SAFe courses in both private and public settings and is a regular speaker at agile events and contributor to the Agile Community.
Simon Porro (wibas) has 30+ years experience as developer, consultant, coach and trainer. In recent years he coached the launching of 15+ Agile Release Trains. He is a trained Lean Six Sigma Black Belt, certified CSM, CSPO (Scrum Alliance), and SAFe Program Consultant Trainer (SPCT) candidate. He delivers most of the SAFe trainings (SPC co-trainer, SA, POPM, SSM, SP, SDP, RTE, SASM) in English, German, and Dutch.
To perform the role of a SAFe® Program Consultant (SPC), attendees should be able to:
- Lead an enterprise Lean-Agile transformation
- Implement the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Empower with a Lean Portfolio
- Align the organization to a common language and way of working
- Perform Value Stream identification
- Launch and support Agile Release Trains, and coordinate Large Solutions
- Build and execute an implementation rollout strategy
- Configure the Framework for a specific enterprise context
- Train managers and executives in Leading SAFe®
- Continue their learning journey and become enabled to train other SAFe roles in the enterprise
Leading SAFe® – Days 1 and 2
- Introducing the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Becoming a Lean-Agile Leader
- Creating High-Performing Teams and Programs
- Experiencing Program Increment (PI) Planning
- Releasing on Demand with DevOps
- Building Business Solutions and Lean Systems
- Implementing Lean Portfolio Management
Implementing SAFe® – Days 3 and 4
- Reaching the SAFe Tipping Point
- Designing the Implementation
- Launching an ART
- Coaching ART Execution
- Extending to the Portfolio
- Sustaining and Improving
- Becoming a SAFe 5 Program Consultant (SPC)
This course is intended for those who will be materially and directly involved in a SAFe implementation. This includes practitioners, change agents, and consultants responsible for implementing Agile programs and portfolios as part of an enterprise Lean-Agile change initiative. Attendees typically include:
- Professional Services Consultants
- Internal Change Agents, Lean-Agile Center for Excellence (LACE) participants, Agile Working Groups
- Business and Technology Executives, Leaders, Managers, and Directors
- Portfolio Managers and Fiduciaries, Project/Program Management Office (PMO) personnel
- Development, QA, and IT Managers
- Program and Project Managers
- Product and Product Line Managers
- Process Leads and Lifecycle Governance personnel
- Enterprise, System, and Solution Architects
- Exam name – SAFe 5 Program Consultant Exam.
- Exam format – Multiple choice.
- Exam delivery – Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed.
- Exam access – Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the Implementing SAFe course.
- Exam duration – Once the exam begins, candidates have 120 minutes (2 hours) to complete the exam.
- Number of questions – 60.
- Passing score – 45 out of 60 (75% pass rate).
- Language – English.
- Exam cost – First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $250.
- Retake policy – Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any retake questions.
Attendees who pass the exam will receive:
- SAFe® Program Consultant (SPC) certificate
- A SAFe® 5 Program Consultant digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- A one-year certified membership as a Certified SAFe® Program Consultant, which includes access to the SPC Community of Practice
- A SAFe® Program Consultant certification usage guide with SPC certification marks
- Access to online Trainer Enablement plans to qualify to teach and certify others in Leading SAFe® (SA), SAFe® for Government (SGP), SAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM), SAFe® Scrum Master (SSM), SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master (SASM), SAFe® DevOps (SDP), SAFe® Agile Software Engineering (ASE), SAFe® for Teams (SP), and SAFe® Release Train Engineer (RTE).*
*You must be a certified RTE and an SPC to teach the RTE course, and only Gold Partner SPCTs can qualify to teach the RTE course in a public environment.
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during and throughout their SAFe journey
Certificates expire one year from the date the certification is earned. Renewal fee is $895.
All stakeholders in a Lean-Agile transformation are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® 4 Program Consultant exam and practice as a Certified SAFe® 5 Program Consultant (SPC):
- 5+ years of experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product, or project management
- 3+ years of experience in Agile
- One or more relevant Agile certifications
The service at our open training courses in Darmstadt includes a cappuccino bar as well as hospitality drinks and small snacks. We invite you to a business meal at lunchtime.
Early Bird Discount:
Attendees that register for the class at least 30 days prior to the first day of the class will be extended a €160 discount per attendee.
3 attendees registered from the same company: 5% of the total registration fee
5 or more attendees registered from the same company: 7.5% of the total registration fee
If an employee of a current SAI Partner is registering for the class, the following discount percentages may be applied to the registration fee for such attendee:
- Gold Partner: 20%
- Silver Partner: 15%
- Bronze Partner: 10%
For Group or Partner Discounts, please email (email@example.com)
Training, Consulting & Events