SAFe® Lean Portfolio Management (LPM)
Lean Portfolio Management is a three-day, interactive course that teaches the practical tools and techniques needed to implement strategy and investment financing, agile portfolio operations and lean management.
In this course you will learn how to build a modern portfolio management system based on Lean Agile principles. In order to leverage the benefits of a "Lean Agile Organization", we also teach you the essential framework and processes at the portfolio level.
This will enable you to use the Portfolio Canvas tool to capture the current and future state of your portfolio and identify key business initiatives to achieve the portfolio vision. In hands-on exercises, you will use a portfolio canvas to define the flow of the portfolio and prioritize Epics for maximum business benefit. The course also provides insight into the creation of Value Stream Budgets and Lean Budget Guardrails, and how to measure portfolio performance.
Upcoming Course Dates:
- Describe Lean Portfolio Management (LPM)
- Connect the portfolio to enterprise strategy
- Establish the Portfolio Vision
- Implement Lean Budgeting and Guardrails
- Establish flow with the Portfolio Kanban
- Support operational excellence with Agile PMO and CoPs
- Coordinate Value Streams
- Measure the LPM performance
- Build a plan for LPM implementation
- Introducing Lean Portfolio Management (LPM)
- Establishing Strategy and Investment Funding
- Applying Agile Portfolio Operations
- Applying Lean Governance
- Implementing the LPM function
In this course, attendees will gain the practical tools and techniques necessary to implement the Lean Portfolio Management functions of Strategy and Investment Funding, Agile Portfolio Operations and Lean Governance.
Participants in the course will have the opportunity to capture the current and the future state of their portfolio with the Portfolio Canvas tool and identify important business initiatives for achieving the future state. Participants will be able to establish portfolio flow with the Portfolio Kanban and prioritize initiatives for maximum economic benefit. The course also provides insights on how to establish Value Stream Budgets and Lean Budget Guardrails and measure the Lean portfolio performance.
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Executives and Leaders (CIOs, CEOs, CFOs, CTOs and VPs)
- Enterprise Architects
- Product Managers and Solution Managers
- Business Unit Managers
- Program Office Personnel
- SPCs and Enterprise Agile Coaches
- Human Resources
- Epic Owners
- Exam name: SAFe Lean Portfolio Manager Exam
- Exam format: Multiple choice; Multiple select
- Exam delivery: Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam access: Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the Lean Portfolio Management course
- Exam cost: First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
- Exam Duration: Once the exam begins, candidates have 120 minutes (2 hours) to complete the exam
- Number of Questions: 60
- Passing Score: 42 out of 60 (70%)
- Language: English
- Retake policy: Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait.
Attendees who pass the certification exam will receive:
- SAFe Lean Portfolio Manager certificate
- SAFe 4 Lean Portfolio Manager digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe 4 Lean Portfolio Manager, which includes access to the LPM Community of Practice
- A SAFe 4 Lean Portfolio Manager certification usage guide with LPM certification marks
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe journey
- Membership renewals are one year from the date certification is earned
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience.
However, the following recommendations will make the training more productive.
• Familiarity with Agile concepts and principles
• Attended a Leading SAFe or SAFe PO/PM course
• Experience working in a SAFe environment
wibas SAFe Courses
Like all our agile training courses, this one is highly interactive, too. In addition to the official SAFe® slides and exercises, we also impart knowledge using informative visualizations - be it on flipcharts or digital whiteboards. We make the content as interactive as possible and avoid long presentations.
wibas trainers are certified SAFe® Program Consultants (SPC) of Scaled Agile or certified SAFe® Program Consultant Trainers (SPCT) of Scaled Agile, Inc. More details about this training can be found on the .
Training, Consulting & Events