SAFe® Release Train Engineer (RTE)
Is your organization implementing SAFe® 5.0? Are you now facing the challenge of designing and successfully implementing an Agile Release Train (ART)?
We have the right training for you!
Attendees explore the skills needed to facilitate and enable end-to-end value delivery through Agile Release Trains (ARTs)—and learn how to build a high-performing ART through servant leadership and coaching—by becoming a SAFe® 5 Release Train Engineer (RTE). During this three-day course, attendees will gain an in-depth understanding of the role and responsibilities of an RTE in the SAFe enterprise.
Through experiential learning, attendees will examine the RTE role in a Lean-Agile transformation. They will learn how to facilitate ART processes and execution, coach leaders, teams, and Scrum Masters in new processes and mindsets. They will also learn how to prepare, plan and execute a Program Increment (PI) planning event, the primarily enabler of alignment throughout all levels of a SAFe organization.
Upcoming Course Dates:
To perform the role of a SAFe Release Train Engineer, attendees should be able to:
- Apply Lean-Agile knowledge and tools to execute and release value
- Assist with program and large solution execution
- Foster relentless improvement
- Build a high-performing ART by becoming a servant leader and coach
- Develop an action plan to continue the learning journey
- Exploring the RTE Role and Responsibilities
- Applying SAFe Principles
- Organizing the ART
- Planning a Program Increment
- Executing a Program Increment
- Fostering Relentless Improvement
- Serving the ART
- Continuing Your Learning Journey
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- RTEs and Solution Train Engineers (STEs)
- Program and project managers
- Scrum Masters
- Leaders and managers
- Agile coaches
- SAFe Program Consultants (SPCs)
- Exam name: SAFe 5 Release Train Engineer Exam
- Exam format: multiple choice
- Exam delivery: web-based (single-browser); closed book; no outside assistance; timed exam; delivered through the Community Platform
- Exam access: first attempt free within 30 days from course completion date
- Exam duration: once the exam begins candidates have 120 minutes to complete the exam
- Number of questions: 60
- Passing score: 40 out of 60 (67%)
- Exam cost: first attempt is free within 30 days from course completion
- Retake policy: second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10 day wait; fourth attempt requires a 30 day wait. Each retake attempt is $150. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any retake questions.
Attendees who pass the certification exam will receive:
- SAFe Release Train Engineer certificate
- A SAFe 5 Release Train Engineer digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe Release Train Engineer, which includes access to the RTE Community of Practice
- A SAFe Release Train Engineer certification usage guide with RTE certification marks
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe journey
Certificates expire one year from the date the certification is earned.
- Renewal fee is $295
- Renewal fee for the RTE certification is included in SPC renewal (if your SPC certification is up-to-date)
The following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe Release Train Engineer (RTE) certification exam:
- Hold at least one current SAFe certification
- Have launched or participated in at least one ART and one PI
wibas SAFe® Courses
This course is conducted by our training partners Gladwell and KEGON. wibas trainers are certified SAFe® Program Consultants (SPC) of Scaled Agile, Inc. Gladwell and KEGON trainers are certified SAFe® Program Consultant Trainers (SPCT) of Scaled Agile, Inc. More details about this training can be found on the official SAFe® website.
Training, Consulting & Events